Friday 3 June 2011

Taking oneself for granted

Since the day we are born there is a path that is already traced for us and we grow up following it. Things seem to come naturally one after the other and we hardly ever bother to stop and think. I always imagined my graduation as being an important moment for me but as it started coming closer i realised that everyone around me has already put one foot on the next step..masters! I tried hard not to compare myself to them, to stand firm on my decision but there have been moments when i failed to do so and i actually freaked out!

By this whole thing made me realise how while trying to follow a certain path blindly we end up missing out of other important things! We often tell others that they take us from granted but thats somehow what we also do to ourselves! We focus so much on external things that we end up denying ourselves of the credit and imporance that we deserve. Is it fair on ourselves if after working hard for three years for a degree we say that its just a degree? Is it fair on me that i feel useless today despite all the hard work that i have put in? Of course not!! We cannot deny that we need to have ambitions and goals, we need to work towards them but do we really need to be that strict on ourselves?

Give yourself your due, stop taking yourself for granted and the steps will still come one after the other :)

No comments:

Post a Comment